Saturday, March 29, 2008

Of Honey Coated Voices...


Ok, so I've been reading quite a lot on Amy Winehouse, and today curiousity killed my cat. I was expecting some more hippity hoppity stuff from a newcomer. Being a person who doesn't find anything to hip or hop about hiphop, not that there's no talent involved. It just doesn't get me grooving. And this time, boy was I in for a shock. I went to my current favourite music site ijigg. The moment I hit the play button, I was transported to a different place. The room around me just dissolved as her voice lulled me into a gentle stupor. Her voice is like the blast from past where voices conjured images of smoky clubs, belles in clingy black dress with plunging necklines, an old man in a tux hunched over a piano belting out sweet melodies and powerful whisky and honey-coated voices tantalising your senses as you unwind. The lyrics are playful, naughty and above all hummable. But don't take my word for it. Check her out. It's a pleasure to the senses.

Here's one of my favourite songs:



Here's more on Amy Winehouse

No comments: